World Physiotherapy Congress 2023 call for abstracts is open
The call for abstracts for poster and platform presentations is now open for World Physiotherapy Congress 2023. The deadline is 29 September 2022.
The World Physiotherapy congress, 2-4 June 2023, offers a unique opportunity to present to a global audience at the profession's largest international meeting. This will be the first time World Physiotherapy has brought the global physiotherapy community together, at an in-person congress, for four years.
Abstracts are invited that:
- report on the latest research with original scientific data (this includes systematic/narrative reviews and meta-analyses; submissions with pending results and study protocols will not be accepted)
- address new and unique developments in practice, theory, education, management, policy and resources
- describe innovative ways in which established methods have been adapted to meet the changing needs of practice
Find out more: https://wp2023.world.physio/#/programme/abstracts
Abstract presentation formats
There are two main ways to present your abstract at congress, either as a platform or poster presentation.
- are scheduled for eight minutes, followed by two minutes for questions in each presentation.
- Printed poster presentations are grouped by topic within the poster area. Presenters have a designated presentation time during the lunch break for discussion with participants. There is a limitation on printed posters we can accommodate.
- ePoster presentations will be scheduled in the programme and grouped by topic. A chair will lead live discussions at congress between onsite presenters and participants, with posters on electronic screens.
Support for abstract submitters
Mentoring programmeWorld Physiotherapy is offering a mentoring programme for all abstract submitters. The programme is in place until 8 September 2022. It aims to help authors present their material clearly and concisely prior to submitting the abstract to the formal abstract review process. The programme may be particularly helpful for those:
- who don't have local/national research support networks
- where English is not the first language
- with little experience of abstract submissions
Drop-in sessionsWorld Physiotherapy is hosting informal drop-in sessions where participants will be able to ask questions live to CPC members Catherine Joy Escuadra and Nathan Hutting. Find out more about dates and times and book your place: https://wp2023.world.physio/#/programme/abstracts/support
- Watch CPC member Natasha Hinwood share her tips: My first abstract submission
- 2021 outstanding platform presentation award winner Edward Gorgon shares his tips for abstract submission
- CPC members from 2021 and 2023 share their top tips for abstract submissions in a series of videos in Arabic, English, Japanese, and Spanish.
Social media resources
The following page is continually updated - you can download and use any of these graphics to share on your own social media channels: https://wp2023.world.physio/#/media
If your organisation is holding a congress or event and you would like to include some slides about World Physiotherapy Congress 2023, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.